Sunday, April 20, 2014

Stacking the Shelves: Powell's Extravaganza!



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers can feature any books that in the previous week they have bought, received, or borrowed.

My Shelf:

This past weekend I took a trip to Portland, Oregon with my family and had an absolute blast!  The city was so fun to explore.  We did lots of shopping and eating.  And when there's shopping, there's usually books.  :)  Mind you, Portland is the home of my favorite bookstore, Powell's Books.  It is this absolute ginormous bookstore that takes up an ENTIRE city block, and then some!!!!  All of there rooms are named by color and you use this little key to find the topic that you're looking for and coordinate that with the room that it's in!  Isn't that so cute!?!
Anyway, so yes, on my trip to Powell's I did some book shopping.  I went in with a list, and came out with this:


Gahhhhh!!!!  Isn't that just a beautiful pile of books?!?


Liv, Forever (Amy Talkington) & To All the Boys I've Loved Before (Jenny Han)

I've been waiting for both of these books since I was browsing publishers catalogs a couple of months a go.  I was so excited to grab these two books!!!  I read To All the Boys I've Loved Before on the ride home from Portland so you can expect a review for that later this week!


Shadow and Bone (Leigh Bardugo) & Shatter Me (Tahereh Mafi)

I read Shadow and Bone (Review here) this past winter and ADORED it!  When I saw it on sale I knew that I needed to pick up a copy! (That's the only thing that bothers me about the library; I can't keep the books if I like them!)  I've also been hearing lots about Tahereh Mafi and the Shatter Me series.  I adore the covers figured, why not?


Siege and Storm (Leigh Bardugo) & Panic (Lauren Oliver)

Ever since I finished Shadow and Bone I've been craving the sequel, so I was supper pumped to pick up a copy.  As for Panic, I've been waiting for it before we even knew what the title was, if you know what I mean.  Haha.  I'm always interested in what Oliver writes.

and lastly


Where She Went (Gayle Forman)

After the release of the movie trailer for If I Stay my interest in this duology was reignited.  I adored If I Stay, and the movie trailer, so of course I picked this up!

Anyway, so that's my Stacking the Shelves!  What books have you picked up recently?











2 comments:

  1. I just got Shatter Me, Panic and To All The Boys I Loved Before myself! I've heard so many good things about the last one, that I can't wait to read it actually. As about the If I Stay duology, whilst I have eyes it hundreds of times, I am not sold on picking it up yet. Somehow the description doesn't appeal to me. Especially after having read the description of Where She Went... It didn't lead me to nice conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I was genuinely surprised with If I Stay. It wasn't like blow me out of the water, but it was pretty good. I'm not sure about Where She Went, but I've heard that it was one of those flop sequels. I would recommend that you at least give the books a shot! :)

      Delete