Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Harry Potter

Hey,

Everyone must be wondering, Remedyleaf, why on earth would you read Harry Potter? Well, I have a good explanation for you.

As a literature critic, I sometimes feel that I should be in touch with today's most popular writing. As the fact that Harry Potter is a very popular series, I felt that I should read it to understand where the millions of fans are coming from.

As for the writing, I understood how people could be ever so addicted to the story and characters, but the actual writing wasn't as amazing as one might have hoped. It was just... over average, nothing amazing so I was a little taken aback in that element.

I in no way regret reading the series, for I did enjoy it, and also feel it will help me in the career of literature critiquing.

That's it, write now I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird which I'm sure you've all heard of too. I'm really liking it. This is another read for the benefit of literature critiquing, though I probably would have wanted to read it anyway.

~Remedyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment