Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year, New Post, New Blog

Okay, nothing about the blog is really going to change.  But it is a new year and a new post. ;)

I'm laying on the sofa typing this on my laptop; wearing my reading glasses with the chain so I can wear them around my neck.  It is a very nerdy, and kinda old lady look, but it works.  I misplace my reading glasses too often.

I want to just Conclude my favorite Book, Authors, Series, Love Stories, and Characters from 2012.

Favorite Books:

Guy2Girl by Terence Blacker
UltraViolet by R. J. Anderson 
The Twins Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
The Education of Bet by Lauren Baratz Logsted
The Girl With the Borrowed Wings by Rinsai Rossetti
Dark Mirror by M. J. Putney
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen 
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Small Acts of Amazing Courage by Gloria Whelan 
Lost by Jacqueline Davies 

Favorite Authors:
R. J. Anderson
M. J. Putney
Anna Godbersen
Rinsai Rossetti
Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Cynthia Hand
Jay Asher

Favorite Series:

The Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen
The Dark Mirror Series by M. J. Putney

Favorite Characters:
William Keller from Anna Godbersen's The Luxe series (Will is so easy and this dreamy hardworking farm boy.  *SPOILER ALERT* Later in the series, when he died, that scene made my heart drop.  It was a twist I did NOT see coming...)
Aunt Hellen from Lauren Baratz-Logsted's The Twin's Daughter.  (I loved her from the beginning, and *SPOILER* it was terrible to find out that Lucy was fooled until the very end about who was the dead, and who was the evil, twin...)
Elizabeth Holland from Anna Godbersen's The Luxe series (I just loved how she preserved so much throughout the series, and how much she grew. *SPOILERS*  And she did go through her fair share of men; Henry Schoonmaker, but they broke off their engagement, William Keller, but he was killed, Snowden Cairns, but Elizabeth killed him after finding out the dark agenda, and then Teddy Cuttings, who in my mind, was perfect for her all along.  My favorite moment was when she pushed Snowden down the stairs.  It was bad that she killed him, but only kinda.  It was such a strong moment for her!)
Penelope Hayes from Anna Godbersen's The Luxe series ( Even though Penelope comes across as the  antagonist throughout the series, I somehow just understood her.  We had this weird connection in the end of the series.  That last scene when *SPOILER* she and Henry are sitting together after both having lost their lovers, although they are supposed to be married, and she just seems in such a raw state that it was as if everything she'd done previous in the series was erased just because of this vulnerable moment...)
Teddy Cutting from Anna Godbersen's The Luxe series (Teddy was the loyal boy that every girl should dream for.  He reminded me of a sick puppy at times, but *SPOILER* when he joined the army you finally see the man that he really was.  He's adorable and swoon worthy!)
Diana Holland from Anna Godbersen's The Luxe series (Just her whole responsiblity and the fact that *SPOILER* she went with her heart the entire time, and in the end, even though she loved Henry, she decided to go to Paris because it was what she wanted, and she wasn't about to let anyone do anything to change that.
Nick from M. J. Putney's The Dark Mirror Series (I just loved his character.  A loyal son living in WWII so willing to help his friends and so open to his magical abilities!  He was wonderful!)
Vera's Father from A. S. King's Please Ignore Vera Dietz (To quote myself, I loved 'everything that he did, and the way he did it.  He also had a great influence on Vera'...)
Sirius Black from J. K Rowling's Harry Potter Series (I loved Sirius when we thought he was bad, when we thought he was good, and when we knew he was good.  I was blindsided by his death and it broke my heart.  I think that I cried.  My highlighted moments are when he's mentioned or returns.  He was my favorite character in the series.)
Remus Lupin from J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series (In the beginning I liked him, but in the end, I REALLY liked him.  The thought though, of leaving his son to Harry, it's sad.  Not that he left his son to Harry, but that he HAD to leave his son to Harry.)
Severus Snape from J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series (I loved how we all were fooled until the very end.  I thought that Severus was such a tender hurt soul that reflects very real people in the real world.  I thought that he was softhearted when it came to Lily Potter, and it was one of the most painful stories of unfulfilled love that I've ever read.  He comes as a close second favorite character.)

Love Stories that I Loved: *SPOILERS*
William Keller and Elizabeth Holland from Anna Godbersen's The Luxe series (They loved each other, and it was really brought out when Will dies...)
Elizabeth Holland and Teddy Cutting from Anna Godbersen's The Luxe series (In my opinion, I liked Teddy better than Will, as a mach for Elizabeth.  Especially after he comes back from the war and marries her even though she is pregnant with someone else's baby.)
Penelope Hayes and Henry Schoonmaker from Anna Godbersen's The Luxe series (I loved their love in the beginning, the not-really-love in the middle and the love that they have in the end after realizing who they are supposed to be with.  And that person is truly right for them.)
Henry Schoonmaker and Diana Holland from Anna Godbersen's The Luxe series (The lust of un fulfilled loved.  Getting it, then losing it, and throwing it away... It was a tough love story to read, but Diana's decision in the end is one that I support.)
Tory and Allarde  M. J. Putney's The Dark Mirror Series (They really got it in the end...)
Nick and Rebecca  M. J. Putney's The Dark Mirror Series (I admire that they pushed aside religion for the one that they love.  I just realized that I said that I admired a BOOK character...)
Cynthia and Jack  M. J. Putney's The Dark Mirror Series (Pushing aside social status.  It's great.  Tory and Allarde kinda had to do that, but not in the vastness that these two had to.)
Vera and Charlie from A. S. Kings Please Ignore Vera Dietz (Just the fact that Charlie is dead in the whole mix made the love story all the more appealing...)
Severus Snape and Lily Potter fromJ. K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series (Although this story does not play out as much as I would have wished, it is one of the sweetest and tender stories that I've ever read.)
Harry Potter and Ginny Weasly from J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series (I just liked Ginny's attitude towards their relationship.  And when Ron got mad.  THAT was funny...)
Ron Weasly and Hermonie Granger from J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series (I waited the whole series for this story to come about and when it did it was worth it.  I loved every drop of it.  When Ron leaves for that bit in the last book, and just watching-imaginging-Hermonie crumble...it was all touching.

So that's all folks!  I'll post more when I finish a new book! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment