Monday, January 21, 2013

Books From My Childhood

Today I'm starting a new feature on my Blog.  On Mondays, besides a regular post, I will discuss a book from my Childhood.

Happy Martin Luther King Day!


The Lorax by Dr. Seuss

Synopsis:


"Unless someone like you...cares a whole awful lot...nothing is going to get better...It's not."

Long before saving the earth became a global concern, Dr. Seuss, speaking through his character the Lorax, warned against mindless progress and the danger it posed to the earth's natural beauty.

About Dr. Seuss:

Dr. Seuss, pseudonym for Theodor Seuss Geisel, is world renowned for his inventiveness and wit. His stories are instantly recognizable by their use of fantastic words, clever rhymes, and unusual creatures-drawn in his distinctive style.

In My Childhood:  When I was a kid, my father would read this book over and over again to me.  He used funny voices for the characters, and at some point I knew the story by heart.  This is my favorite Dr. Seuss book, and defiantly my favorite picture book of all time.

Don't miss the Movie Version:  "Dr. Seuss' The Lorax" (2012)
I was personally surprised how much I liked it! 4/5 stars!


















That's the Book from my Childhood that I wanted to Share today!

~Remedyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment