Monday, February 11, 2013

Percy Jackson!

Hey!  I've totally jumped into the Percy Jackson fanbase, even though I've only read
The Lightning Thief


Synopsis:
Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school... again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus' stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.


Anyway, so I'm already in love with Percy and totally Shipping Percabeth.  Am I right?!? :)  They are adorable together, even though they're only 12 and don't know that they're made for each other.

I am very excited by how pleased I was about this book.  I've been listening to the hype for years, but always blow it off until after the mainstream has died down, and you're left with just hard core fans.  Like with Harry Potter, those who still discuss and read the books and fanfic about the books/movies are die hard fans, even though the books are long done, and them movies wrapped up in 2011.  So even though with Percy Jackson the sequel series is still being continued, and the sequel movie is coming out soon, most mainstream fans have moved on to Hunger Games and such.  (Although that has a quality fanbase too, but in my opinion, is almost as mainstream as Harry Potter originally was.)  Do you get what I'm describing?

I loved Percy's character, Annabeth, Grover, and the whole crew.  It just made the story come alive with all these conflicting personalities, as reflected in the Greek Gods.  

My favorite part was the antagonist.  It was kind of a mystery the entire book, and *SPOILER* just as we all realize that it's Luke, it's too late, and something bad happens.  I LOVE when you can't see through the book, but then at the last second you get it and then BAM! bad stuff.  ;)

To conclude, 5 stars, and I'm eagerly waiting to get the sequel from the Library!

~Remedyleaf




No comments:

Post a Comment