Friday, February 8, 2013

The most thrilling-


-horror/mystery I've read since The Twin's Daughter.  Remember my first author bio? Now I'm finally reviewing that book!  (Cut me some slack, I read some other stuff in between.)

Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield. (Here's her site if you didn't get it before).

Synopsis: (Again)
Becca has always longed to break free from her small, backwater hometown. But the discovery of an unidentified dead girl on the side of a dirt road sends the town--and Becca--into a tailspin. Unable to make sense of the violence of the outside world creeping into her backyard, Becca finds herself retreating inward, paralyzed from moving forward for the first time in her life.

Short chapters detailing the last days of Amelia Anne Richardson's life are intercut with Becca's own summer as the parallel stories of two young women struggling with self-identity and relationships on the edge twist the reader closer and closer to the truth about Amelia's death.


Review:

As the title of this post obviously illustrates, this book is an amazing, fantastic, spooky thriller/mystery that had me biting my nails and hiding under the covers in anticipation.  My friends would have no problem admitting that I blabbed about this book the entire time I read it, I mean, the suspense!!!!

Really, though, this book was fantastic.  Becca's struggle with the small town murder mystery that is holding her back from her future is fascinating.  The entire time I'm attempting to connect the dots between Becca's relationship with James, the murder, and her inner struggle.  Then there is Craig and Lindsay drama, not to mention that half way through the book suddenly we suddenly have AMELIA'S point of view, which was creepy beyond belief.  All the sudden I have another character to try and fit in with the murder!

I LOVED it!  This was a fantastic read.  All the character development and foreshadowing was phenomenal.  

There were also these amazing chapters, where it was just Becca describing her hometown.  And the ways things worked, and stories.  They added so much to the story, because the setting was so much clearer.  It felt like you had lived their your entire life, along with Becca.

I've been reading a lot of murder mysteries lately, but this was by far, one of the most praise able. 

5 Stars!

~Remedyleaf






No comments:

Post a Comment