Sunday, December 29, 2013

Stacking The Shelves: Final Book Buying of the Year


Stacking the Shelves in an amazing feature hosted by the fantastic Tynga's Reviews where you post about the books/book related things that you bought/acquired that past week.  (Or since the last time you post a Stacking the Shelves).

Today I have quite a lot of amazing books to share with you, so I best be getting started.

I received as gifts due to the wonderful holiday season: 


The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.  (THIS IS SIGNED!!!!!!!! ASDKJAOGIENKJQWEHR;JKSDHAEA;WDHDUGHPEWHR)

Please excuse my fangirl moment! :)

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordon
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

Then, because I just can't help myself, I took a trip to the library, and got this large stack of books:


United We Spy by Ally Cater
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Delusion by Laura L. Sullivan
Monument 14: Sky On Fire by Emmy Laybourne
She Thief by Daniel Finn
Twinmaker by Sean Williams

At this point you must think that I'm nuts for acquiring this many books in a matter of days.  Let me tell you, I have a problem, because I went out and bought MORE.

I went on a small day trip with my mother and grandmother to this tiny little town a couple hours away from us.  It's absolutely adorable, and has not only several bookstores, but also a writing store!  I've been there before, here's a link to the last time I was there.

Anyway, at the bookstores I got:


The Book Thief  by Markus Zusak
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey.

I've acutally read a couple of those, but just didn't have copies for myself.  Here's my review for Peculiar Children and The 5th Wave.

When I went to the writing store, I got some goodies too!


You Know You're a Writer When... by Adair Lara
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
An adorable notebook from Chronicle Books

And then this "I make stuff up" T-Shirt, to go along with all of my storytelling abilities.


When I was taking all of these pictures, my cats decided to be freaking adorable, so I thought that it was only appropriate to include them here. 



Anyway, until tomorrow!  

~Remy










4 comments:

  1. Ooh the Mara Dyer books! I love that series. Can't wait for the final book this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read them, and it's the perfect time too, with the final book coming out this year!

      Delete
  2. Awww your cats are so cute! You got a lot of amazing books this week! I still really need to read Monument 14 and The 5th Wave. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The 5th Wave is just golden, and Monument 14 is pretty good too. The writing isn't fantastic, but you get really attached to the characters. The author writes an exciting plot.

      Delete