Monday, March 26, 2012

Magyk!!!!

!!! Alacazaaaam! Woosh!! Hokous Pokous!!!!

What's the magic word????? Post your answer as a comment, and I will reveal the word on the next post!!!

What is with all of this magic you ask????? Well, I just finished, (Well, yesterday) Magyk by Angie Sage!!!!!!!

This book is in the series Septimus Heap. The other books are Flyte, Physik, Queste, Syren, The Magykal Papers, and Darke.


I promise that reviews on the rest of the books will be coming sooooooooooooooon.

To continue, lets analyze the title...

Magyk............. Huh??

To explain...

The book is about a web of people living in common area. There is not a particular protagonist, but many of the many of the main characters possess a Magykical power, for Silas Heap, Marcia Overstrand, six of the Heap boys, and their mother Sarah, as well as the ex- ExtraOrdinary ghost wizard Alther and many others have been exposed to Magyk, and some of them are even wizards.

Thus, the title is Magyk.

Now, I love this book, even if it took me a few tries to get into it the first few times I tried to read it.

Angie did an amazing job with the characters and the plot!!!! My goodness what a plot!!!

I really don't think I have any complaints, for

  • the characters are described so well, and you get to know their backstories quickly
  • the setting is perfect, and you can imagine small details about it in your mind
  • the plot takes twists and turns, but there are little hints along the way...
  • the writing is extremely humorous, and I laugh out loud at many times throughout the book
Ahhhh, I don't know what I would do without my Angie Sage....

I truly recommend this book.

True to my word, I am now reading Flyte and am enjoying it!!!

~Remedyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment