Sunday, January 19, 2014

Super Six Sunday: Favorite Books to Recommend to Others


Super Six Sunday is an awesome meme hosted over at Bewitched Bookworms!
This week's prompt is "Super Six Favorites That I Recommend to Others"




Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Review here
This book is amazing and unique.  I can't believe that I waited so long to read it.  There's no time better than now because it's sequel, Hollow City was released on the 14th.  


The Pentrals by Cyrstal Mack
Review here

I read this book after I won an ARC from Emma @ Spun With Words.  It was released this past November.  
Anyway, this was one of the most different, alternative, and surprising novels that I've read in a long time.  I've never heard of or read anything like it in YA, and I'm so happy that it now exists.  I can't wait until the sequel is released, although it doesn't have a particular date yet.  


The Luxe by Anna Godbersen 

I adored this series a couple years ago, and it remains one of my favorites today.  For anyone who is a fan of drama (think Gossip Girl), character development, and historical fiction this is an amazing series to read.  


The Girl With Borrowed Wings by Rinsai Rossetti 

This is the perfect book for someone who is either burnt out on the paranormal romance genre but wants to try it again, or for someone who has never tried it and is intimidated by sparkling vampires.  I enjoyed this book so much, it was unlike any other paranormal romance I've ever read.  I'd also say that it gives sort of a bizarre nod towards Stolen: A Letter to my Captor (by Lucy Christopher).  If you were a fan of that book, this is similar but also amazingly different. 



The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
Review here

I had the privilege of reading this book in an ARC format and was about to burst while I waited for others to read it.  I was so pleased because this was such an amazing paranormal book.  No sparkles, and no love triangle.  There was just a smidgen of romance.  If you're interested, check out The Midnight Garden's  giveaway here.  


 The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

This is just a fantastic book.  Anyone who loves any form of mystery or historical fiction should check this out! :)

~Remy











No comments:

Post a Comment