Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Things on My Reading Wishlist


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's Top Ten is "Top Ten Things On my Reading Wishlist".  (Top Ten Things that you wish an author could write about; a type of character, a situation, a time period, ect.)

1. 
A Book About a Blind Teen 

There aren't that many out there, but I find the general concept utterly fascinating.  A blind artists would be even more intriguing.

2. 
A Book About Humans Taking Over Another Planet

There are a lot of books about aliens taking over earth, and there are a book about humans colonizing another planet, but there are there many books about humans taking over another inhabited planet.  Writing about how the humans treat the aliens would be utterly fascinating.  

3.  
A Book Form of the T.V. Show Merlin

Do I even need to express my feelings about this T.V. show?  It's sort of a prequel story to King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, where a boy named Merlin is the servant to Arthur (then a prince).  Anyway, Merlin is a sorcerer, but magic is banned in the kingdom of camelot.  Nonetheless, it is Merlin's destiny to use his magic to keep Prince Arthur safe.
Anyway, can I have a book series of this please!!! Or something similar.  

4.
A Book About a Female Decoder in WWII

I'm not sure why this would be fascinating, but so many Historical Fiction books focus on the solders and the nurses, but there were a lot of other roles in the war too.  I'm just curious.

5.  
Atlantis

I sort of have this weird interest in Atlantis.  Not an obsession, but I'd like to see it done modernly and well.

6.  
A Mystery That Span Across Centuries

I'd love to see a book like this!  Where the great grandfather discoveries this mystery, and then his great-great-grand-daughter solves it.  Each generation could solve a piece of it, or something.

8.
A Book About a Haunted House That is Real

You know those haunted houses that pop up around Halloween, where you walk through the maze and they jump out and scare you?  Yeah, well that, but where the villains and everything is real and people start getting killed.  I don't know, it's spooky.

9.  
A Girl Haunted by Herself

Picture a book about a girl who was murdered in another life, and then is being haunted by herself.  Not something cliche where she has to prove who the murderer was, but where she has to rid herself of the spirit by doing something crazy.  I don't know.

10.  

A Book About A Giant Game of Capture the Flag

Kids from all across the country participate in a nationwide game of capture the flag.  This always seemed like a cool idea as a kid, and it's a cool concept.

~Remy


4 comments:

  1. I have a deep passion for Atlantis, that would be an awesome setting! A blind teen as a heroine sounds very cool too!
    MIssie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told myself I wouldn't do this weeks Top Ten Tuesday and now I am seriously regretting that decision. My point is that this seems like such a cool topic this week, and I love every single topic on your list. Blind teen and humans taking over another planet is my kind of book

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might like Backward Glass by David Lomax if you haven't come across it already - it's a mystery solved over decades and decades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I've never heard of it, but I'll check it out! :)

      Delete