Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Guide!

Hello!!

Okay, so two nights ago I finished Meagan Mead's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian. Kate has also written the Private series and Sweet 16.

So M M's G T T McG B is about a girl named, Meagan Mead, (Surprise, surprise!!) Meagan is 16 years old and his a fantastic soccer playing tom-boy. The story goes like this. Meagan is an army brat. She has moved around her whole life because of her father, but this last time no. South Korea (!?) heck no! So her parents give her the choice to come live with them or to stay with the McGowan's who live in Boston. The McGowans?? Meagan thinks. They're the family of dad's college buddy, and their 7 of them!!!! So thus, a story of drama, change, and a little bit of romance comes together.

I really enjoyed this book. (It took me only about 2-3 hrs to read it...) The writing style was just typical chapters for the most part, except for IM between Meagan and her BFF Tracey. Then also, there are Meagan's "observations" which are sent to Tracey via email. I really liked the plot line, I was surprised often, and I laughed out loud quite a lot. You might think that 7 boys is a lot to keep track of, along with other characters, but really it wasn't, because each characters was truly sooooo different.

My only complaint would be a few noticeable "saids" But that is something I find ever so commonly in books. (IF YOU EVER WRITE A BOOK, PLEASE DO NOT SAY 'SAID' ALL THE TIME!!)

Also, earlier this week, I continued on the 2nd draft of my novel. You know, I find it totally ok to pause while writing something like that. It gives your brain time to think with out you even realizing it.

So now I am reading The Host by Stephanie Myer

I'll come on again soon!!

~Remedyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment