Monday, June 11, 2012

Aurelia

Hey blog readers! Do you like the new stuff?????? There will be more books in the list to be read as I find more!!!

Today I am going to review Aurelia by Anne Osterlund.

Aurelia is about, (you guessed it!!!) Aurelia!!!!

Synopsis:

Aurelia is the crown princess and the protagonist of the book. The book introduces Aurelia as a stubborn and very strong character. Then Anne brings in Robert, an old classmate of Aurelia's, and a friend she hasn't seen in 4 years.

The story is centered around the attempts of murder to Aurelia. This keeps the story upbeat, and surprising.

General Review: I truly enjoyed reading Aurelia because of the interesting characters and exciting plot. I read it almost all the way through at one time and felt that that was the best way to read this kind of book. Rating 4 & 1/2 stars.

Writing Style review: The book was written in typical chapters. I would have liked something a little more interesting though. I mean, Anne could have played around with the Medieval time period or something. I don't know, just a little more pizzaz with the style would have made all the difference. 4 stars.

Writing Content Review: When I first opened Aurelia I was startled by how descriptive Anne Osterlund was. This worked both ways for the story. It was positive in the light that it gave the book more bulk, and I was able to picture the whole thing better. But still, it was also a negative element at times because 1) It distracted me from the point of the story. and 2) It made scenes that were simple and too the point long a dreary. 4 stars

Now I'm reading a bunch of things, but still, I can't wait to review something else!!!

~Remedyleaf

P.S. I'm going to do a quote and word of the day:

Word of the day---------Somersault: An acrobatic movement, either forward or backward, in which the body rolls end over end, making a complete revolution.

Quote of the day-------- "Can you imagine what I could do if I could do all I can?"- Sun Tzu 


No comments:

Post a Comment