Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stolen: A Letter to My Captor

Last night, late, late, late, I finished Stolen:A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher. This book was written in a narrative by teenage girl named Gemma. Gemma is a british girl at the airport when the book starts.

Throughout the book, the narrative refers to a person Gemma calls "You" and that "You" person eventually reveals that their name is Ty.

Lucy wrote this book in an odd format, but it was an odd book. I thought this review over before I even began typing.

I will say that I enjoyed it, and that Lucy didn't drag the book on. She also didn't rush right into the action, but took time to explain the set up. Both of these things I highly appreciated.

This book will be recommended by me, but not in a crazy way. I am very calm about this book.

Yes, I enjoyed it. Yes, I think that a lot of different people would read it, but I put caution. This is not really a happy book, or a sad book. Stolen by Lucy Christopher is more of a book about even when something bad happens, and then it ends, you still end up with the same pretty poopy life.

Word of the now- Odd: unusual; eccentric

Quote of the now: "It's an odd world" Timothy Spall

Au revior,

~Remedyleaf

1 comment: