Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My Top Ten Favorite Fantasy Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's Top Ten is "Top Ten Favorite Books in X Genre".  (I chose fantasy! :) 


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
This has always been my favorite Harry Potter book.  I'm not quite sure why… maybe because of the Triwizard tournament aspect on top of the regular Harry Potter plot.

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle
I first read this book when I was nine and have reread it a bunch of times since then.  I love the characters and the crazy ideas.  Such an old favorite.


Dark Mirror by M. J. Putney
I read this series a couple of summers ago and it was this amazing mix of fantasy and historical fiction.  So many fantastic characters!

Magyk by Angie Sage
I think that this is like a Harry Potter series but probably appeals to younger, more Middle Grade readers.  Still really interesting though! :)


The Girl with Borrowed Wings by Rinsai Rossetti 
I adored this book.  The best fantasy romance that I've read!

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
I read this book last summer and adored the characters and beautiful writing.  I need to finish the series! :)


11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass
This was my favorite book as a kid!!!!  I loved the characters so much, and had the story memorized by heart.  You should see my copy of it!  Still have it, although it's pretty yellow and battered! 

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
This is such an interesting concept and I adored the plot of this book!  


The Pentrals by Crystal Mack
This is the most unique, sort of indie/alternative fantasy that I've read.  It was absolutely wonderful though!

– Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
This is my favorite fantasy book EVER!!!!!!!  The characters, the concept, the plot, everything is just wonderful and gahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I hope that you liked my top ten!  

In Other News:

I'm almost done with Everyday by David Leviathan, so look for a review sometime soon! :)

~Remy












No comments:

Post a Comment