Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Day!

Good morning blog readers!

First I'm going to talk about a new book I started, called Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. This book, so far (I'm only on page 38) is fairly good, I'll keep you updated on it...

The only other books by Sarah that I've read are What Happened to Goodbye? and The Truth About Forever. They are both worthwhile good teen reads that I enjoyed last summer.

Some of the books I haven't read by her are Along For the Ride, Just Listen, This Lullaby, Dreamland, Keeping the Moon, Someone like You, and That Summer. If/when I read these books I'll give everyone the 411.

Some similar books are Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti and Perfect You  by Elizabeth Scott. I haven't read anything else by these two authors but if I do I'll let you know! Note: the two books mentioned I enjoyed

On a different note, I'm just starting The Cupid Chronicles by Coleen Murtagh Paratore. The first book in the series is The Wedding Planners Daughter which is a fabulous book in itself, so I had to start the sequel!

 The series has really taken off! After The Cupid Chronicles is Willa By heart, then Forget Me Not: From the life of Willa Havisham, the 5th book is Wish I Might: From the life of Willa Havisham,  and lastly From Willa With Love.

There is also a joint series, and the first book is The Funeral Directors Son and the sequel Kip Cambells Gift.

As I read these books and others by her (not listed) I will let you know!

I also plan on starting a book called Penny From Heaven by Jennifer L. Holm.

 I have read another book by her called as Our Only May Amelia. That was such a great story!

I plan on reading her Boston Jane series, Turtle In Paradise, and The Trouble with May Amelia (sequel to Our only May Amelia)


Jennifer has written a few other books and two comic book like series, that I have excluded here.

While at the library yesterday I picked up a book by Beverly Cleary called Sister Of the Bride. I of course love Beverly, and as soon as I finnish the book I'll let you know how it goes!

Now I'm going to talk about Jaclyn Moriarty, who wrote an amazing series! The series is called The Ashbury/Brookfield Series.

The only book I've read in the series is called The Year Of Secret Assignments which was a fabulous book as long as you get past the confusion. DO NOT PUT THE BOOK DOWN IF YOU GET CONFUSED! If you just give it a chance, the confusion works itself out!

Anyway, the other books are called The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie, Feeling Sorry for Celia, and The Ghosts of Ashbury High. You can read the series in any order, so go and get started! It's totally worth it! :)

While at the library I also picked up a book called Fight #116 is Down  by Caroline B. Cooney. I though it seemed intriguing, and when I finnish it I'll let you know!

My friend recommended me  a book recently, called A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron. When I finish I'll tell you all about it!

They also loaned me two other books (May Bird and the Ever After  by Jodi Lynn Anderson and Journey to The River Sea by Eva Ibbotson) that she wanted me to read for her, then tell if I liked them, so of course I'll let all of you know!

Another friend of mine gave me The City of Ember and it's sequel by Jeanne DuPrau for my birthday. They told me that they were really good, so when I finnish them, I'll tell you!

I also picked up a book called A True Princess by Diane Zahler. I loved Diane's book The Thirteenth Princess so when I finnish this one, I'll tell you about it!

I've had My One Hundred Adventures  by Polly Horvath recommended to me a few times, so when I finnish it I'll tell you.

At a book sale recently I got four books, Ruined (by Paula Morris) Also Known As Harper (by Ann Haywood Leal) The Seer of Shadows  (by Avi) and In a Heartbeat (by Loretta Ellsworth)

In a Heartbeat is the only one I've read (and it was fabulous, and one day read!) so far, but when I read the others I'll let everyone know!

The last two books I'm going to talk about are two I got for my birthday, they are 13 Treasures by Michelle Harrison and How to Steal a Dog by Barbara O'Connor.

When I read those two I'll let you know!

I guess that's it for today. I'll post again tomorrow... Maybe I'll talk about writing a bit more?

Read, read, read!

~Remedyleaf

P.S. When every I post on the blog, I listen to ADELE! She is so talented! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment