Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday...

Good morning! What a wonderful Saturday to talk about books....

This week I finished a book called Perfect by Natasha Friend. This was a very real book, and I loved the writing style. The ending was a little hard to live with, and it almost fell short, but it didn't ruin the whole book.

There are two sequels, Lush and Bounce. I haven't read those ones yet, but am going to as soon as possible!

Natasha is also currently writing, (as said on her website) a 4th book called Night Swimming which I think brings all three protagonists together (from Perfect, Lush, and Bounce)
 I have no clue if the book is finished, or when the release date is, but as soon as I find out I'll tell!

Last weekend I finished My Louisiana Sky by Kimberly Willis Holt. That was a sweet book, Tiger's 1950's story swept me away.

On another note, I also got the amazing chance to watch "My Louisiana Sky" the movie! That was a special treat, and I enjoyed watching it...

At the moment I'm reading Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell. This book has a captivating title, and the story is written in a back and fourth format, which is useful to understand the story. Jamie's narration is full of feeling and you really get the "army brat" taste as her character moves with the story, and grows up little by little. I am enjoying it very much! This book also has a many awards, (to get a complete list, go to Frances's website)

Now, Frances O'Roark Dowell, has been a favorite author of mine for years. I loved her The Secret Language of Girls, that was a real story, that many girls like because it is so real! The sequel- The Kind of Friends We Used to Be is on my list to read, and when I do read it, I will let you know!


Dovey Coe is another one of my favorites by Frances because it had to be the most daring story to start! I loved the plot, nothing was predictable, nothing was slow, and it was wonderfully written...

But the one book that got me hooked on Frances was Where I'd Like to Be,  this was my favorite I think because I went through a time period where I really loved books about foster children, and orphans. (I do still love that kind of protagonist) Where I'd Like to Be was written in an appealing way, and I recommend it left and right all the time...

The books by her that I haven't read by Frances (besides The Kind of Friends We Used to Be) are Ten Miles Past Normal, Falling In, and Chicken Boy.

 Note: I purposely excluded the Phineas L. MacGuire books because those books are about a 4th grade boy... I don't plan on reading them)

But the other books, look for me to mention because I plan on reading them soon!


The next book I plan on reading is Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter, I'll let you know how that goes...

I guess that's it for this post, I'll  be on maybe later today or tomorrow for sure.

Read, read, read!

~Remedyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment