Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lost. I lost it! :0

No, not really, just the book I finished a few days ago was called "Lost"

The book, Lost by Jacqueline Davies was a historical fiction novel that twined together two newspaper reports from Manhattan, New York in the early 1900s. Thus, an amazing book evolved.

Essie is the protagonist, and she is a 16 year old girl. She lives with her mother, brother, and sister. Essie loves to make hats, like really make them. Not just embellish, but actually make the frame and everything!

The narration goes back and fourth between Essie's diary that flits through her early life, then the "present" (but still 1900s) where the main part of the story happens.

*Note: this method was very effective.

I would recommend this book, even though it was quite sad at the end.

Jacqueline's only other book I'm interested in reading is Where The Ground Meets The Sky, it sounds so good! :)


Anyway, now I'm reading The Other Half Of My Heart by Sundee T. Frazier. This book is about twin girls, (age eleven) who are different races, (Mom African American, Dad white) Once girl looks like their mom, the other looks like their dad (skin color wise)

I'm not very far, but I'll keep on reading!!!!!

Word of the Day- Banished: to compel to depart; send, drive, or put away

Quote of the day: "Named must your fear be before banish it you can"- Yoda

Who doesn't love "Star Wars" watch/play/read some for me will ya?

Au revior,

~Remedyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment