I know that I can fly, but....
'Totally kidding! Someday though, I want to fly!!
This morning, I finished Flyte. (Remember? The sequel to Magyk by Angie Sage???)
Anyway, lets analyze the title!!!
Okay, so in the magykal world that the Septimus Heap series takes place, flyte is a lost magykal art, for the few flyte charms that are used to flye were thought (hint, hint) to be lost a long time ago . With that, and a few more things, (like that some characters and pets learn to fly) Angie decided that the title must become Flyte.
For the content of the book:
- The old characters were defined and still were themselves, they didn't change too much in-between books
- The new characters were explained
- Some of the questions left over from the last book were answered
- The continuous "series" plot made sense
- It was just as funny and "laugh out loud" as Magyk, if not more
- The writing made me excited to read the next book.
So, I positively recommend this book, only if you read Magyk first, of course!
Now I am beginning to read Summer of My German Soldier. I hope it is good!!!
I will accept book suggestions anytime, so start them commin'!
P.S. The magic word is LOTION!!!!!!!!!!! Uh huh!!!