Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dark Mirror

Last night I finished the novel Dark Mirror by M. J. Putney. M. J. Putney is Mary Jo Putney's YA alter ego.

Putney has written the two sequels to Dark Mirror completing the trilogy.

Dark Passage is about 16 year old, Lady Victoria Mansfield in 1803. She is the youngest daughter of the earl and countess of Fairmount, and is likely to live a privileged life, enjoying her title.
But then everything changes; Tory finds out that she has magical ability, and chooses a life or death situation to reveal it.
Thus, she is sent to Lackland Abbey, the magical correction school. But there, she joins a group who secretly studies using their powers, instead of smothering them.
This group leads Tory on an amazing adventure, where they save lives beyond their wildest dreams.

Wow, what to say about this book? I will admit, that after finding out the crazy magical element, I was totally not prepared for what was to come. Although it was a great idea, it seemed a little much with the whole plot and everything.
The writing style was good, and I enjoyed how it was written. The characters were all a bit typical, nothing crazy original, but still alright.
I will disclose that I have the sequel in my possession, and am looking forward to reading it soon.

Loves and Hugs,

~Remedyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment