Thursday, March 21, 2013

April!

Oh my gosh!  It's almost April, which also means Poetry Month!!!! Yay!!!!!  I will be participating in NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month).

To kick of the start of the season, (early) I picked up Dizzy In Your Eyes: Poems about Love by Pat Mora.

I just adore the title and cover, don't you?

Synopsis:
Beloved children's book author and speaker Pat Mora has written an original collection of poems, each with a different teen narrator sharing unique thoughts, moments, sadness, or heart’s desire: the girl who loves swimming, plunging into the water that creates her own world; the guy who leaves flowers on the windshield of the girl he likes. Each of the teens in these 50 original poems, written using a variety of poetic forms, will be recognizable to the reader as the universal emotions, ideas, impressions, and beliefs float across the pages in these gracefully told verses.

Review:

I have mixed feelings about poetry books,  (Not books written in poetry)  because you can love one poem, and hate the next, which I found to often happen in this book.  However, I did love the demonstration and explantion about all the different forms of poetry used; I've been reading poetry for years, and even found a new format.  So that was nice.

Overall the poetry was very well written, just that some were better than others.



It's okay that not everything went great, though, because there are always better poems out there! 

~Remedyleaf





No comments:

Post a Comment