Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Big Crunch

Hey!  I'm a little late on this review, but whatever.

A couple weeks ago, I finished this book called The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman.  The cover (See below) was really intriguing and I'd heard great things about Hautman, so I thought, why not?!  I'll give it a try!


Synopsis:

June and Wes do not "meet cute." They do not fall in love at first sight. They do not swoon with scorching desire. They do not believe that they are instant soul mates destined to be together forever.

This is not that kind of love story.

Instead, they just hang around in each other's orbits...until eventually they collide. And even after that happens, they're still not sure where it will go. Especially when June starts to pity-date one of Wes's friends, and Wes makes some choices that he immediately regrets.

Review:

Let me first say, that my previous thoughts about the cover were wrong.  In truth, it spoiled the story.  :(

Now for the actual content, the book was hard to read.  The characters were stupid and brought all their problems onto themselves.  Their emotions felt forced and fake and the entire time I just didn't get it.  Which super sucked, because I was on a long bus ride with not much else to read, but anyway.

June was just stupid.  She acted all depressed even though it was her decison to put all that harm onto herself.  Wes was just an idiot guy.  Wes's "pity date" friend was also an idiot.  The entire book just didn't make sense.

The title.  Don't even get me started on the title.  It was mentioned two times in the book, and I assume it was supposed to be this big deep meaning, but all in all, it didn't relate to the story at all and just plain sucked.  


~Remedyleaf


No comments:

Post a Comment