Sunday, July 7, 2013

Confessions of a Murder Suspect! Duhn Duhn Duhn!!!!!

Review for Confessions of a Murder Suspect by 
James Patterson and Maxine Paetro


Blurb:

On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things: 1) She was the last person to see her parents alive. 2) The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings. 3) She can't trust anyone—maybe not even herself. Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away undamaged. Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her powerful parents' affairs is a dangerous-and revealing-game. Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?

Explanation:

 Isn't the cover gorgeous?!?! Sorry, but seriously, it's enticing!!!!

Anyway, I started this book a couple months ago, but had to return it to the library before I could finish it.  I picked it up again, and read it all on the way coming back from vacation.  

This is the first James Patterson book that I have read besides the first couple Maximum Ride books. 

Review:

*Spoilers*

Very quickly into the novel we learn that the mystery of Tandy's parents' murder is not the only mysterious happening in the Angels' life.  There is the mystery of Tandy's sister's death.  The mystery of the vitamins all the Angel kids take.  The mystery of Samantha and Maud Angel (the mother)'s relationship.  The mystery of Tandy and the boy she tried to run away with.  

As you can tell, it was a very mysterious book.  At the end of the book, knowing that it was going to be a series, I was anticipating some sort of cliffhanger ending.  Yet there was a sort of cliffhanger ending (Matt being charged with a different murder) the original mystery kind of abruptly ended.  THERE WAS NO MURDER!  IT WAS SUICIDE.  Personally, I just found that a cheap way to get out.  I was not pleased. 

Review:

Spoiler Free

While this book was faced paced an often surprised me, n the end, I found that the ending was poor way to wrap up the mystery.  I was extremely unimpressed by the writing.  I am unsure if I will continue with the series, although my curiosity for some of the lesser unsolved mysteries might get the best of me.


✎✎
~Remedyleaf








No comments:

Post a Comment