Friday, December 9, 2011

Pretzel M&Ms...

I just finished a book called Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman. Rosalind also wrote the book Queen Bees & Wannabes which was the basis for the movie Mean Girls.

B,G,AOHM was a very interesting book. The author really included realistic teenage problems, (ex. freshmen in high school.)

I was very impressed that the author managed to not mention "today" things (ex. Iphones, current singers, exc.) Though she did mention IMing, but I don't really think that counts.

The plot in the text was very thought out, and took its time. Nothing was rushed, and nothing was noticeably slow. The climax was really built up to, and I think that added a lot to the book.

My favorite part of reading a book, is when you are reading, and everything is silent, and you start to laugh out loud about something that happened in the book.

So today, while finishing B,G, AOHM I lied in my bed, licking the last bit of chocolate from my pretzel M&Ms that had glazed my lips, when the text made me laugh out loud. I had to read it over 3 times, to satisfy myself (I won't tell the part, for there  are different ones for every person.)

Thus, this book was a very worthwhile read, and I have but one complaint. The author used a lot of "said"s. So of course, me the Thesaurus hogger, could think of a bunch of words to replace --. (said)

I give this book 5 stars, and it will appeal to people from 6th to Senior* year (of high school)

*Note, the subject matter may be appealing, but depending on your reading level the book might be a bit easy...

So that is all about that book! The next book I'm going to start is called Sixth-Grade Glommers, Norks, and Me by Lisa Papademetriou. I have no preference on this author, so I'll be sure to let you know!

Word of the day Material: the substance or substances of which a thing is made or composed

Quote of the day: "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music"--Aldous Huxley

That is all for today, (as far is know this moment)

I will post again soon!

~Remedyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment